Donations help the Civic Media Center better serve the community.
We have put together the following list of both general donation requests and a number of specific items that would be of great use. If you are interested in making a donation, please stop in at the CMC or call us at (352) 373-0010.( * continuously in need of these things)
Money — It goes towards our rent and utilities (all contributions are tax-deductible)
New Volunteers — We always need volunteer help to keep our space going. Join us for our weekly volunteer meeting every Thursday at 5:30pm.
DVDs of activist interest — We always appreciate new additions to our video collection, especially of hard to find independent media productions and films of interest to activists.
Books — We appreciate donations of new and gently-used books of interest to the community.
Office Supplies — The Civic Media Center can always use office supplies of all sorts, including things like envelopes, stamps, markers, poster board, canvas, pens and pencils, tape, paper, etc.
Sponsoring a month of rent or phone expenses — Rent and other overhead expenses are by far the biggest strain on the Civic Media Center’s budget. We would greatly appreciate donations toward covering these expenses.
SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS
- paper towels *
- toilet paper *
- trash bags*
- 8 oz - 12 oz paper cups for our free water *
- video projector (for outside screenings)
- digital camera and/or digital camcorder
- silk screening and stenciling supplies
MAGAZINES/JOURNALS/PERIODICALS(You can help us renew a specific subscription or donate money to be put towards subscriptions to periodicals. Also, just calling the publisher to request a library copy for the library, if they provide them, would be amazing)
- "Lies: A Journal of Material Feminism
BOOKS(Click on the link to order through Wild Iris Books or other partners)
- "Our Bodies, Ourselves" 2011 Edition
- "Revolutionary Women: A Book of Stencils"
- "Rise of the Videogame Zinesters: How Freaks, Normals, Amateurs, Artists, Dreamers, Drop-outs, Queers, Housewives, and People Like You Are Taking Back an Art Form"
- "Water Wars" by Vandana Shiva
- "Signal: 01: A Journal of International Political Graphics" By Alec Dunn and Josh MacPhee
- "Signal: 02: A Journal of International Political Graphics" By Alec Dunn and Josh MacPhee
- "Punk Rock: An Oral History"
- "Black Rebels" by Robin Kelley
- "How to Stay Out of the Gynecologist Office" by The Federation of Feminist Women's Health Centres
- "A New View of a Women's Body"
ZINES(Send us your zines! We want them all. Send to 433 South Main Street, Gainesville, FL 32601)